At Glass & Robson, we understand that bicycle accidents in Atlanta, Georgia, can be harrowing experiences. As a personal injury law firm dedicated to serving our local community, we want to ensure you’re informed about what to do immediately following a bicycle accident. Your safety and well-being are our top priorities. In this blog, we’ll guide you through the crucial steps to take if you’ve been involved in a bicycle accident in Atlanta.
Prioritize Safety First
Your safety and health should always be your top concern after a bicycle accident. Follow these steps to ensure your well-being:
- Assess Injuries: Check yourself for injuries, and if you’re able, assist others involved in the accident. If anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately.
- Move to a Safe Location: If possible, move yourself and your bicycle to a safe area away from traffic to prevent further harm.
- Call the Police: Contact the Atlanta Police Department to report the accident. Having an official report can be crucial for any legal or insurance claims later on.
Collecting information is vital for any potential legal or insurance claims. Be sure to:
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other party involved in the accident. This includes their name, phone number, address, and insurance details.
- Witnesses: If there are any witnesses, obtain their names and contact information. Their statements can be valuable later.
- Take Photos: Use your smartphone to take pictures of the accident scene, including damage to your bicycle, any vehicles involved, and any road conditions that may have contributed to the accident.
Seek Medical Attention
Even if you believe your injuries are minor, it’s essential to seek medical attention promptly. Some injuries, such as concussions or internal injuries, may not be immediately apparent. Medical documentation of your injuries is crucial for any potential personal injury claim.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney
Once you’ve ensured your immediate safety and well-being, it’s advisable to contact a trusted personal injury attorney like Glass & Robson. We have been serving Atlanta since 2013, and our experienced legal team can provide invaluable assistance in the following ways:
- Legal Consultation: We offer a free initial consultation to assess your case’s viability and provide guidance on your rights and options.
- Investigation: We’ll conduct a thorough investigation into the accident, gathering evidence, speaking with witnesses, and working to establish liability.
- Insurance Negotiations: We’ll handle negotiations with insurance companies to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
- Litigation: If necessary, we’ll represent your interests in court to pursue the compensation you deserve.
To strengthen your case, it’s important to preserve evidence related to the accident. This includes:
- Medical Records: Keep all records of your medical treatment, including bills, prescriptions, and diagnoses.
- Repair Estimates: If your bicycle was damaged, obtain repair estimates and invoices.
- Lost Wages: Keep track of any workdays you miss due to your injuries.
- Correspondence: Save any correspondence with insurance companies, medical providers, and legal representatives.
Know Your Rights
Understanding your rights is crucial in the aftermath of a bicycle accident. In Georgia, you have the right to seek compensation if someone else’s negligence caused your injuries. This compensation may cover medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, and more.
At Glass & Robson, our mission is to protect your rights and help you navigate the legal process. We’re dedicated to ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve. If you’ve been involved in a bicycle accident in Atlanta, contact Glass & Robson for a free consultation and dedicated legal support. We’re here to help you through this challenging time.